Sunday 31 July 2011

Cardinal directions



Don't tell me I'm lost when I don't even know where I'm supposed to go. When my eyes failed me, I used logic to guide me to the north but my heart can't tell east from west. Besides, maps can only guide you if it's written in a language you know. So tell me; is it geography or geometry if I walk around in circles, begging for scraps from a king who lusts for something stronger than life? What do I do when all I can offer in return is a better judgment of the trodden paths leading into the mighty hills that seem to point at Pushpaka chariots nestled between cirrus clouds? Release me from my dukkha and I will dissolve in the reds and tangerines of the orient. For you, sire, I will walk on brick roads as yellow as aragvadhas, follow the second star on the right and go straight on 'til morning.

*********************************

I was taking photos of the intricate murals in the Phra Borom Maharatcha Wang (Grand Palace) when I suddenly realized that I'd drifted a little too far from my family members. This lead to the thought of me getting lost in the bustling metropolitan city of Bangkok with nothing but an old messenger bag and really sweaty leather Converse shoes. I think this post is about love, it could be a bunch of other things too. It's 1:00 a.m and I'm running on leftover sticky rice pudding with mango. Bangkok's really gotta hold of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment