Wednesday 6 July 2011

Love Junk


Last night my flat mate & I had a long, overdue heart to heart talk. As we were frivolously discussing the extent to which love had screwed us up (no need to guess who was dominating the conversation), she started talking about her strained relationship with her boyfriend.

The two make a manic pair, to put it mildly. I've always felt like their relationship had a shot of tequila in it. And whenever they fought, it was as if they had thrown in the whole bottle into the equation; but I digress.

At one point, her eyes were facing the ceiling (we were lying on the bed) and she just went into a trance. Her words were just... floating in the room. The weirdest thing was how the cheerful sound in her voice was conflicting with the tears welling up in her eyes. She kept saying how all she wanted to know was whether her presence made an impact in that boy's life. It was kind of beautiful.

I wrote in my journal a couple of days ago, asking God to talk to me. I know it sounds silly but I think that was it. Just that line about making an impact in someone's life. I've been focusing too much on how I want someone to make me happy that I forgot about my end of the deal.

Maybe I need to wait     just a little while longer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment