Sunday 15 May 2011

Hormonal Sunday

I've been single for approximately 4 months and a week. Studying in a private University surrounded by hundreds (possibly thousands) of educated young men, one would think that a feat like this is near impossible. Yet here I am, unabashed (for even thinking of writing about this requires steel nerves) and true-to-the-word single.

Now don't mistake this as a cry for attention because if I were indeed trying to get attention from anyone or whosoever I would save myself the trouble, take the easy (pun alert) road and just tweet a picture of myself in my floral underwear.

No mental pictures now, you sly creature.


Back to my point, sometimes at night after re-watching old episodes of crime-solving shows and I get a little lonesome, (because nothing quite hits the heart like intense interrogations and car chase scenes...) I do a double take and remember all of the errors I had made in previous calculations of the heart. Basically what I'm trying to say is after countless trials of long-term and short-term relationships, the end result is always disastrous. The science geek in me is practically yelling "HYPOTHESIS PROVEN: THE ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU, WRITE A REPORT AND MOVE ON TO A DIFFERENT EXPERIMENT."

And the glitches that can present themselves in the midst of an innocent get-to-know are countless. Religion, cultural beliefs, parental intervention, movie debates, I've seen 'em all! 




But naturally, the hopeless romantic hiding somewhere in the niche of my mind refuses to accept these obvious signs and simply dismisses them as 'lessons masquerading as pain'. The sad part is the doomed relationships I constantly hear about late at night in the confinements of my dorm room don't phase me even one bit. I suddenly become this relationship aficionado and dissect the little mistakes these couples (who are strangers, by the way) made that they could have easily avoided. These stories get me thinking that maybe, just maybe, if I find the right person, under the right circumstances and we're thrown in the same situation, we'd get our toy guns and BB the heck out of any trouble that comes in our way.

Like mature and responsible adults.

Conflicting ideas between the head and the heart. Minimum significance to your life, but maximum relatability I hope. I'll save the interesting topics for my upcoming posts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment